The saxophone holds the distinction of being the youngest member of the woodwind family and the ONLY woodwind never actually made of wood! Designed by Adolphe Sax in 1841, the saxophone was originally intended for use in brass bands as an instrument with the agility of a woodwind and the projection of a brass horn. Today, the saxophone is equally at home in all musical genres, from classical to rock music.
While the saxophone is the easiest woodwind for a beginning student to produce a sound on, it is the most difficult instrument on which to produce a pleasant tone. Our saxophone instructors at Pellegrino Fine Arts Academy combine a wealth of teaching expertise with an abundance of performance experience a combination guaranteed to help any student, regardless of age or ability level, achieve their musical goals!
What are the benefits of saxophone lessons?
- One-on-one, individualized instruction tailored to meet your specific needs
- Our instructors teach proper embouchure, hand position, posture, and correct bad habits that may impede a student's progress
- Students are introduced to saxophone literature (solos, etudes, ensembles) written by foremost composers for that instrument
- Our instructors can recommend the correct reed and appropriate mouthpiece for classical or jazz performance
- Our instructors can help students choose the right saxophone to match their needs and ability level, and explain the differences between beginner, intermediate, and advanced-level instruments
Pellegrino Fine Arts Academy saxophone lessons cost $84.00 per month. For your $84.00, you receive four lessons, one per week, each 30 minutes in length. In months with five weeks, we do charge for the fifth week of lessons, bringing your tuition for those months to $105.00. There is a one-time registration fee of $30.00 for all new students with a discounted registration fee of $20.00 for each additional family member.
With our program, you are under no obligation to enroll for any "set" period of time - you can begin whenever you like and discontinue at any time. Payment is through our automated billing system and is charged to your choice of credit or debit card on the first of each month for the month in advance.
For further information or to enroll, please contact our lesson studio director, Jayne Naragon, by emailing Jayne@PellegrinoMusic.com or calling 330-498-8400. We look forward to hearing from you!